August 17, 2010

Stunting Worship By Leaving Out Smells?

I just ran across an interesting article online.

In the article, the author suggests that maybe we're stunting our spiritual growth by leaving some things out of our worship. I believe that on some levels, he is correct, and maybe excluding certain things from our modern worship has affected our intimacy with God.

Personally, I am a huge "atmospheric worshiper''. My favorite prayer times are those sprinkled with dimmed lights, music playing in the background, and my arms thrown open to God in total surrender. No, I don't think my worship is hindered when the lights are all turned on fully, nor do I think that God doesn't hear me when there is no music behind my prayers. But I'm sure everyone has their own preference when it comes to stuff like that.

If you agree or even disagree with his idea, I would love to hear your take on it. Post a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment