October 26, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

The next two weeks are going to be a couple of the most crazy ones I’ve had in a very long time. I’m headed up to Florida with my Marine Biology class, then going towards upstate South Carolina for band practice for a youth conference I’m leading worship at, and when you throw in church, friends, and family time, you’ve got yourself a serious need for some Red Bulls.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being busy, but I find myself losing time for Bible reading or even prayer, and it’s right about then when I ask God, “Why am I too busy on this stuff to spend time with You?”, and that’s generally when I realize that’s exactly what I’m doing: making myself too busy for God.

Lord, let me not crowd my days with so much that I put You in second place. I want You to be the solitary focus of every one of my days. Until forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment