June 2, 2010

Peace with an Acoustic Guitar

Never underestimate the power of an acoustic worship set. It's amazing how the Spirit can move and minister when there aren't drums, or synthesizers, or guitar riffs drowning out God's Voice.

We had an acoustic set this Wednesday because I found out at 10:30 last night, that our drummer had to take some time off because of some work issues. Needless to say: I'm stressed and he's upset he had to quit.

I tried to focus tonights' worship on peace. Psalm 29:11 and Colossians 3:15 were two scriptures I had Eric put up on the screen during the alter call to really hit home the point of peace. I would sing a portion of a song, then pause for him to put the scripture on the screen. After a few seconds, I would continue the song, and let the Spirit flow from there.

We shouldn't let our pride get in the way of our worship and think that we can't be good without a drummer or piano player. When we stop trying to be good (to a certain extent), and start trying to please God with our worship, we can fully experience His love like never before!

No comments:

Post a Comment