April 17, 2010

Re-Introduction of Sorts

Please allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is Taylor Clyde. I'm 17 years old and I attend Faith Christian School. Here's a little bit of information you need to know in order to understand my walk with Christ:

My household growing up has always been influenced by Christian principles. This Christian upbringing has shaped me into the Christ-like young man I am. I started serving the Lord at the age of seven, but it wasn't until around age sixteen that I truly started living for God. There are three things that have shaped me into the man I am today: getting in a serious relationship with a girl, my encounter weekend, and finding a mentor.

We've all heard the phrase: "You don't know what you've got till it's gone". Well, the same can be said about the things you don't have yet. It wasn't until I found myself about a year into my relationship with Elizabeth Pangalangan that I fully understood why Paul says that it's easier to be single that to have to watch over two peoples walk of salvation. Don't get me wrong, but sometimes it would be a little easier if I only had to keep myself in check. At the same time however, I reflect upon the verse that says "Iron sharpens iron", and I am encouraged to lift her up in all that she does.

I had never experienced God in a real, and tangible way before. This is no to say that I didn't want to, I suppose I had just never been at that spiritual level before. Then in October of 2009 it happened. It was the single most amazing thing I had ever experienced. I finally did it. I encountered God. To the average person, it probably just looked like another Christian bowing in worship, but I know that I was
so much more. I knew that in that Encounter Weekend, I had surrendered every part of myself to God,and that event has still acted as a catalyst for my walk of salvation.

Henry Blake and I met at the church we both currently attend, and I'm so glad we did. He was acting as an assistant youth pastor, and was the head of our discipleship program. We both got to talking, and soon after I asked him to mentor me. I had seen the respect with which he talked to people, and the way he studied his Word, and those are the kind of qualities I wanted to have in my life. So to this very day, we call each other up on the phone just to check in, and see how each others day went, and he usually encourages me, and keeps me accountable to staying in the Word and praying with God.

No matter what I might say, I am so grateful for the things God has put in my life that have helped shape me into the man I am today. I'm surrounded by good, Christian friends, I attend a bible-believing church, and my parents are both wonderful role models. There is never a day that goes by in which I don't give Him some appreciation for the things He has blessed me with. He is such a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment